AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Grant-writing and Administration
- The department prepares grant applications and administers
grants from Alabama Department of Economic & Community
Affairs (ADECA), Economic Development Administration
(EDA), Delta Regional Authority (DRA), Alabama Department
of Transportation (ALDOT), AL Power Foundation, Alabama
Emergency Management Agency (AEMA), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), etc.
- Recent projects include the following: Opelika Industrial Park Sewer, Phenix City Water Line Replacement, Lee County Water Line, Lee County Water Festival Educational Coloring Books, ADECA Energy Grants, Smith Station Walking Trail, Lee County Recreation Park, Russell County Senior Center, Smith’s Station Senior Center, Lee County Highway project, Russell County Ball fields, Twin Gates Drive in Hurtsboro Buyout Program, AEMA Mitigation Plan Coordination for Lee and Russell Counties including related updates, Emergency Shelter Grant for Russell County, Emergency Food and Shelter Program for Lee County, Russell County Weather Warning Siren HMGP, Russell County Individual Saferoom Grant, etc.
- The Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) was created in 1983 to supplement and expand the work of local social service agencies, both non-profit and governmental, in an effort to help people with economic (not disaster-related) emergencies. To obtain more information or be notified of future funding opportunities, please contact Megan McCollough at Megan.McCollough@adss.alabama.gov or call 334-749-5264 ext. 203
- Congratulations to the following grantees awarded funds for Phase 28 of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program: Christian Care Ministries ($5,500.00); Domestic Violence Intervention Center ($20,520.00); Food Bank of East Alabama ($30,00.00); HIS Place/Harvest Evangelism ($12,513.00).
- Congratulations to the Russell County Commission on your award of $148,525.00 through the Emergency Shelter Grant Program (ESG). The ESG Program is administered by the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA) and will be utilized to provide assistance to homeless persons and victims of domestic abuse as defined under the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act. The Russell County Commission will be contracting with the House of Restoration in Phenix City, AL to carry out these services.
Loan Fund Program
- The fund provides low-interest,
long-term financing to small and medium-sized businesses.
program is intended to fill the gap between what the
bank can lend and what the borrower can provide in equity.
- This fund helps to create and maintain jobs within the Lee and Russell County borders.
RLF Brochure & RLF Application
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Existing Industry Program
- Assist the Lee County Emergency Management Agency and Russell
County Emergency Management Agency to develop Natural Hazard Mitigation Plans, Homeland Security Assessments,
grant applications and other special projects.
- Prepared a regional Comprehensive
Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Plan to be used as a guide for economic growth in Lee and Russell
- Developed a scenic byway inventory for Lee and Russell
2009 Draft CEDS
State Data Center Affiliate
- Answer Census and Other Data Requests; Participate in
Census 2010 Activities
Summary of Local 2000 Census Data
For more information please contact: Barbara.Scott@adss.alabama.gov
Transportation Planning & GIS Coordination
- Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO): The MPO manages federal funds and performs transportation
planning for the Auburn-Opelika urbanized area. Plans
include the Long-Range Transportation Plan, Transportation
Improvement Plan, and the Unified Planning Work Program (Auburn-Opelika MPO)
Information System: A GIS combines computer hardware, software and GIS personnel to capture, manage, analyze and display geographic information. LRCOG uses a GIS in the development of Transportation Planning documents and in support of LRCOG projects by performing tasks such as: Address Geocoding, Flood Zone Analysis, Demographic Analysis and Cartographic (Map) Production.
For more information please contact: email@example.com